Monday, March 7, 2011

The Worst Tech Blogger Alive/The Worst Wall Street Blogger Alive...at the same time!??!?!?!?

I don't know how many of you have experienced the same abject disappointment I have going through this, but I'm going to go off about it anyways.  MarketWatch, a blog of a blog of a blog of the Wall Street Journal features this guy named Cody Willard with The Cody Word (I'm not even going to sink to linking it).  He is not only the worst tech blogger alive (sorry MG Siegler) yet also possibly the worst financial blogger in history....simultaneously.

I don't doubt that perhaps he is a good investor as he seems totally immersed in mobile (and who among us who has owned AAPL, RVBD, ARMH etc could doubt the power of mobile?).  What scratches my back the wrong way are his thoroughly ridiculous blogs which amount to nothing more than hard-core used-car-salesman-type pitches to buy his "Investment Report" on the state of mobile internetzzzz.

It's always something along the lines of, "We are REVOLUTION investors.  Do you want to make a bajillion dollars off of MOBILE INTERNET?  I made a load of money before and surely past performance is indicative of my kickass investments.  I know mobile and will make you a millionaire...."

You think I'm exaggerating?

Click Finding the Next Apple or Google Before Wall Street Does Only to Find Out it's a Blog About the Greatness of Cody Willard

Or maybe try this horrible of horribles: I Explain to You Profit-Taking by Giving You an Allegory About My Teenage BMX Bike Adventures, No Seriously I Do

Okay, we all know the internet is filled with this kind of rollicking 'prose', but what I dislike is that the majority of the times I get linked to his page, it's because the link read the regularly reputable and personal favorite of mine, the Wall Street Journal.  This is pure carrot-stick swindling and my clicks will no longer stand for it.

I don't want you to dangle Walter Mossberg in front of my face and give me this drivel.  Rupert Murdoch, you've got some splaining to do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment